I am a creep.

I am a creep.
I have been working through some ideas in my photographs, this was the start of some new work to come.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Found my place in the sun.

I have been steady grinding for a long while now. I must admitt i was in a bit of a rut as far as making new work goes, I had all the ideas but no time, materials or motivation to make it happen.
I always shoot street work but hardly devo the negs. I think just that alone will be a body of work on its own..to think i am out making compositions with color and city shapes and never look at them. I feel like when i do devo and look at the negs with fresh eyes it will be another story all together, not to mention teach me a little about by myself and my evolving style.
Ever since i learned to control light it has opened up a whole other side of making work. its a feeling of control and really being in charge of the over all product. I was blessed with a light kit so stay tuned for some test rolls. I am always looking for new subjects men and women, but of course as a straight man i do often shoot women.




I went to see the Dennis Hopper show at the Museum of contemporary art in Los Angeles shortly after i moved to the city. I had just seen "American Dreamer" and heard Dennis speak about art and what it meant to him. I really strongly agreed with his view on men and women and the relationship we as human develop.
When i saw D.Hoppers work and some of his photography i noticed something. I noticed the way straight men photograph women, some shoot really over done sexy shots and alot of men shoot them in admiration. The way i view women, the way i fall in love with women, the way i love my mother and growing up as a kid with only her and i for the first 3 years of my life.I knew this was something worth investigating further. My goal was to make photographs showing this love and admiration i had. i think as a super mans man and the way i look will always reflect people over all opnion on my work as far as photographing women.

No comments:

Post a Comment